The much awaited drupal 8 is out and is loaded with new features, major improvements and critical bug fixes. Read on to know more about it.
Drupal 8 is creating a buzz due to its compelling features and promising updates that are awaited in the near future. For those of you who are new to web technologies, drupal is an award winning opensource platform used for developing websites and web applications. Some of the most popular websites using drupal are Grammy, The White House and NASA. If you are currently running your website on it or are considering a content management system, read on to know how drupal 8 can make managing your web content easy, quick and error-free.
The vibrant community working behind it launched the most advanced version of drupal early this February. Take a quick read to know the features of D8 and how you can leverage them for your business growth.
1. Mobile compatibility: Mobile friendly back-end is the most lucrative feature for web owners. D8 allows them to manage web content in real-time on their iPhone, android or BlackBerry.
2. Multiple-language support: Content translation is quick and flawless. Say, you chose drupal development India for developing your site for your US audience. Now if you want the same website in French, your drupal developer can do it easily for you.
3. Critical bugs fixed: The previous versions had some serious content management problems. It was possible for two people to edit the same content at the same time. D8 has got it fixed. Content editions are saved as incremental revisions.
4. Supports high level of customization: This has been the USP of Drupal and D8 continues too continues the legacy.
5. Amazing scalability: Using handy modules and features, D8 can be easily scaled up to meet the increasing requirements of the company. You don’t need to spend on high-priced CMSs. Also, choosing drupal development India you can further cut down on your IT expenses.
6. Power of HTML5: Now you can run your favorite HTML5 theme on your drupal site. D8 will support a host of APIs that the previous versions missed out on.
7. Better designs: Cleaned up user-interface is the major plus point for D8. It’s easy to manage configurations and stage rich-multimedia content without slowing down the website.
8. More core initiatives: Drupal community is trying to make it more stabile and adapt to changing business requirements with improvements at the core. Currently, D8 has about six initiatives working parallel to improve the core.
Just like other opensource CMS, drupal is less expensive yet it is among the few ones that come with handy features and help manage massive content almost effortless. All your time and money spend customizing it is worth in the long run.
OpenXcell Technolabs, expert drupal development india Company helps you to make your CMS more efficient. Visit http://www.openxcell.com/ for more information. Meet us at CeBIT 2012, world’s largest IT tradeshow held in Germany from 6-10 March in hall 6, stand D44.
Are you a creative genius? Do you want to share your gift with others and enjoy recognition as an industry leading author? Write for us and get your voice heard.
Featured Firm of the Week: OuterBox Solutions
OuterBox Solutions, Inc. specializes in professional eCommerce website design and search engine...
Featured Firm of the Week: Mindsmack
MindSmack specializes in Web Design, Interactive, Flash, Animation, Mobile Applications, iPhone,...
View the Top 100 Design Firms
Everyone has a list. However, DesignFirms feels that only real customers should be able to decide...