John S. Malinowski
662 Barnes Avenue, Baldwin, NY 11510-4015
h. (516) 992-2520 o. (516) 379-8221
Associate Creative Director/Senior Art Director
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Six years of managing a small boutique advertising agency, running creative development, production, technology and finance
• “Big Agency” experience developing strategically driven marketing communications in a range of disciplines, general consumer advertising, direct marketing, relationship marketing, business-to-business, and consumer medical marketing
• Creative expertise in a variety of media; print, outdoor, broadcast, and web
2005 – Present
JSM Concepts, Inc., Baldwin NY
Consulting, Freelance, Art Direction/Graphic Design, Illustration
• Collaborated with a marketing associate in the launch of Kids Smile, a pediatric dental practice positioned to develop into a franchise. A 5% response was attained from the first direct mailing.
• Collaborated with a marketing associate in the development of proactive marketing communications materials for Alpine Painting. Alpine reported two back-to-back years of 30+% growth with our guidance.
• Coordinated and directed a team approach for numerous clients in the development of their advertising. These clients come from a diverse market including a wide range of products, services in both consumer and B-2-B, and venture businesses.
1998 – 2005
Mozeson & Malinowski, Inc., Teaneck, NJ
Principal, Senior Art Director/Graphic Designer
• Developed marketing materials that helped several start-up companies gain additional rounds of funding
• Oversaw the strategy and creative development of the winning branding design for the American Association of Poison Control Centers national contest. The logo design submitted by Mozeson & Malinowski was the unanimous winner in national focus groups among all the logos submitted by over 60 advertising agencies and design firms nationwide
• Attained a 6% return on a direct marketing campaign for Geomerx, a start up web site development company
• Created an outdoor campaign and marketing materials in concert with a New York public relations company to raise awareness of oral cancer. During the 3 month national campaign, CDx Laboratories the company sponsoring this campaign and the makers of the brush biopsy recorded a 100% increase in oral cancer biopsies
• Received an Ad•Q Award for Outstanding Advertising for recognition of the business-to-business advertisement developed for the Best Manufacturing Group which achieved outstanding readership response, as measured against all other ads appearing in Textile Rental Magazine
1996 - 98
McCann Direct, NYC
VP, Supervisor, Senior Art Director
• Created and supervised a ten minute video that would play in Marriott Hotels around the United States, included in this one million dollar budget was the design and production of a 34-page travel brochure
• Managed several art directors in the design and development of a credit card for Exxon Mobil
• Acted as lead art director and supervisor on the AT&T Smart Buy new business pitch in which McCann Direct won the account
1994 - 96
Senior Art Director/Graphic Designer, Illustrator
• Designed the consumer packaging for Zostrix analgesic cream when it received approval from the FDA for over the counter sales
• Created an advertising campaign for The Coalition against US Troops on the Golan Heights that only ran once in the New York Times. The awareness and spin the advertising created in the United States Congress and Senate kept President Clinton from deploying troops to Israel
1989 - 94
Smith/Greenland Advertising, Inc., NYC
Senior Art Director
• Developed the trade advertising for the launch of Smart Money Magazine which increased revenues to take it from a bimonthly publication to a monthly publication
• Created a Tanqueray Gin print campaign so successful, Schieffelin & Somerset doubled the advertising budget from seven to fourteen million dollars
• Received honors in PRINT’S Regional Design Annual for a Johnnie Walker Black magazine advertisement
• Received three International ANDY Awards of Distinction for Penthouse Magazine’s full page advertisements that ran in the New York Times
1981 - 89
Darcy, Masius Benton & Bowles, NYC
• Participated in the launch of Crest for Kids toothpaste, developing characters that were used in print and television advertising, educational programs for schools and Saturday morning cartoons, this in turn, launched the entire kids’ toothpaste category and was recognized with a Gold EFFIE for Advertising Effectiveness by the American Marketing Association of New York. This advertising was also recognized with a GOLD from the International Film & Television Festival of New York, Cannes 35 Festival International Du Film Publicitaire • Cinema & Television, Hollywood Radio and Television Society International Broadcasting Award, U.S. Television & Radio Commercials Festival Mobius™ Award for Outstanding Creativity, and a CLIO
• Extensive experience working on the development of advertising for packaged goods
• Numerous industry awards recognizing creative excellence for print advertising, The London International Advertising Awards, The One Show, International Advertising Festival of New York American Advertising Federation, ANDY, CLIO, and The Art Directors Club
Procter & Gamble: Crest Toothpaste, Norwich Aspirin, Ivory Shampoo & Conditioner, Wondra Hand Cream, Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, Another World Soap Opera, Oasis Deodorant, Vicks Formula 44, Clearsil | General Foods: Maxwell House Coffee, Dover Farms Whipped Cream, Birds Eye Whipped Cream | MCI Communications | Schlitz Brewing: Silver Thunder Malt Liquor, Red Bull Malt Liquor | Marine Midland Bank | The Equitable | Burger King | American Association of Poison Control Centers, Inc. | American Dental Association | Becton Dickinson Company, Inc. | Best Manufacturing Group, LLC. | CDx Laboratories, Inc. | Chatham Systems Group, Inc. | CSU Industries, Inc. | DIME Savings Bank | Fertility Institute of New Jersey & New York | Geomerx, Inc. | GiftCertificates.com | GoAmerica Communications Corp. | Howard Johnson Hotels | Integrated Technologies Inc. | International Masters Publishers, Inc. | Metropolitan Jewish Geriatric Foundation | Shaare Zedek Medical Center In Jerusalem | Shalom Task Force on Domestic Abuse | Sports Interactive | StarMine, Inc. | Sullivan-Schein Dental a Henry Schein Company | Summit Eye Center | Switch and Data Facilities Corp. | The PreTesting Company Inc. | Marriott Hotels Suites & Resorts | AT&T Small Business | Frangelico Liqueur | UPS | Exxon Mobil Corporation | New Business Development | Smart Money Magazine | Space Systems/Loral: Global Star | Schieffelin & Somerset Co.: Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Red, Johnnie Walker Blue, Tanqueray Gin, Tanqueray Sterling Vodka, Liqueur Brule, Cardu | General Media International: Penthouse Magazine, Compute Magazine | Hoffmann La Roche: Beta Carotene, Vitamin Supplements | Maurice Villency Furniture | The Center for Facial Plastic Surgery | Helsmley Hotels | American Business Institute
1976 - 81
School of Visual Arts, NYC
BFA – Media Arts | Illustration | Photography | Production
Long Island Advertising Club, NY
Graphic Artists Guild, NY
Prepare for Successful PPC Campaigns Before You Pay for a Single Click
As a PPC management company, we are often called upon to "fix" PPC campaigns that are not...
The Rise of Mobile eCommerce
As more and more internet users surf the web on mobile devices, they also shop more online. The...
How To Convince People To Start Using Project Management Software
Educated management can start from childhood or at older ages. Earlier is the best. And...
Featured Firm of the Week: Seller's Bay
We can turn you dream into a website, if you have the budget we have the ability to build and...
$1,000 - $2,500 Lead: Merchant Warehouse
Max budget of $2,500. Looking for a content driven site. Will be an affiliate of Merchant...
$5,000 - $10,000 Lead: Home Furnishings Website and Brand Development
I am in need of a simple ecommerce website. We will also need complete logo and brand development...
©2003-2013 DesignFirms™, All Rights Reserved.
A professional web design, mobile development and marketing company directory.
Page Generated in 0.21 seconds