Shannon L. Tackett
932 Cottingham Drive
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
I am a self-motivated and goal oriented young creative professional with over 4 years of combined experience in graphic design and web development. I have experienced building web sites from conception to design to implementation. I am knowledgeable in all aspects of print design and have created marketing materials including posters, postcards, business cards, car magnets, brochures, and flyers.
Shannon Tackett Media, LLC, Mount Pleasant, SC 2006-Present
Owner, Web Designer, Graphic Designer
• Responsible for the design and development of web sites and web applications through the use of Dreamweaver MX-CS4 and Adobe Photoshop CS2-CS4 from conceptualization stage to its implementation.
• Responsible for web hosting and the installation of e-mail and forms.
• Perform the validation and testing of the finished web sites.
• Developed page layout, navigation, copy, animation, buttons and icons.
• Presented designs and concepts to clients and the management for review.
• Experience with image optimization, search engine submissions and optimization.
Floh Spiel Media, Charleston, SC 2006-2007
• Web Design and Development Intern
• Utilized Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, Adobe Photoshop CS2, and Illustrator CS2.
• Created and updated web pages, websites, logos, and content per boss’s requests.
• Contributed to local forums dedicated to various topics including food, pets, music, etc.
• Optimized photos and images for various websites and clients.
Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division, Pittsburgh, PA 2007-Present
Major: Interactive Media and Web Design
Courses included audio, design, color theory, digital imaging, information design, media communications, web scripting, desktop video, and typography.
American Intercontinental University, Atlanta, GA 2001-2003
Major: Accounting & Finance
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration
Degree: Associate of Business Administration
Highlights: Dean’s list
Creating, updating, and maintaining multiple web sites.
Web Programming and script installations.
Designing graphics, logos, and images for websites and print.
Ensuring web site quality, performance, and reliability.
Ability to work under pressure and to consistently deliver projects on time.
Excellent communication skills and project management skills.
Programming: HTML, DHTML, XML, Java Script, Flash, Actionscript, CSS
Design Software: Illustrator CS2-CS4, Photoshop CS2-CS4, Image Ready, Dreamweaver CS2-CS4, Flash CS4, Director MX 2004
Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista
Other Applications: Microsoft Office, Audacity, Adobe Premiere, Soundbooth
Member of the American Institute of Graphic Arts
Member of the HTML Writers Guild
Member of International Webmasters Association
Submit Your Best Work to the DesignFirms Awards Program
Since 2003, we've been hand selecting only the very best in design out of thousands of submissions...
Web Award Winner: Axeela
The Official website for the singer Axeela. View more award winners and submit your design to see...
Featured Firm of the Week: OuterBox Solutions
OuterBox Solutions, Inc. specializes in professional eCommerce website design and search engine...
Featured Firm of the Week: Mindsmack
MindSmack specializes in Web Design, Interactive, Flash, Animation, Mobile Applications, iPhone,...