Address: 10 Craig-Yr-Haul, Castleton, Cardiff, CF3 2SA
Home phone: 01633 817 992
Mobile phone: 07970395784 or 07525719687
DOB : 13/10/1984
Occupational Goal: Designer, Creative Director / Art Director, Marketing / PR
Education: University of Wales Institute Cardiff, School of art and design, Cardiff, Wales
Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt –
BA – Business Administration and Economics (2004-present)
Katharine Gibbs, New York, NY –
AAS in Fashion Design and Merchandising (2004)
Sept – Dec 2004 Reference Point, New York, NY
• Organized sample layouts for seasonal collection
• Sourced market for trim and fabric
• Created spec sheets
June – Aug 2004 Angel Rox, New York, NY
• Visual merchandiser
• Designed catwalks for fashion shows
• Organized product – creating tech pack
Aug06-Jan 09 Assistant manager, Mezzaluna restaurant, Cardiff, Wales
• Meet, greet and entertain customers, I increased sales and customer satisfaction.
• Take and manage bookings. Dealt with complaints and problems. Explained menu contents.
• Designed menu and flyers as well as posters
• Trained belly dancers and provided them with suitable music
• Bartended and waitressed
• Trained new staff
• Travelled to Egypt and compiled renovation designs and uniform makeover designs as well as samples.
Sept 07- present First campus student Ambassador, Cardiff, Wales
• Worked as a workshop facilitator, helped deliver a variety of art workshops and activity days.
• Led workshop in partnership with the BBC orchestra, in order to promote art and music; and to facilitate the students to created their own work and display it during a concert.
• Took care of large groups of youths for 3 days and 2 nights, in order to promote university courses and life for 14 to 15 yr olds. This included helping teach them, supervising them over nights and during activities.
April 2006-August 2006 Misr Language Schools, American diploma, KG2, grade 5 school teacher
• I was a class teacher for a great Kg2 class.
• I taught them everything from maths to p.e.
• I was also in charge of grade 5 and grade twelve .I was their support teacher,
• I was there for them if they needed to talk, or had any psychological problems.
June 2005 – Mar 2006 Block Corporation (Men’s Sportswear) – Designer
• Created presentations for local and national events incl: Las Vegas Magic trade show, National Outdoors show.
• Responsible for making complete technical packs
• Dealt with all technical procedures abroad. I.e. handled all dealings with Indian and Egyptian factories, ensuring samples were accurate
• Designed Magazine layouts as well as Marketing Catalogues.
• Researched trends from Europe and Asia, evaluated them in order to come up with the new seasons trend concepts.
• Grasping concepts and transforming them into a sellable line of garments.
• Head of Freelance Designers
• Designed T-shirt graphics for brands like National Geographic, Penguin,
• Designed a new, younger line for National Geographic and Hobie surf wear. Including an extremely successful I-pod pocket, reversible jacket.
Jan 2004 – Mar 2006 The Funky Pirate Parties – PR and Promoter
• Promotion of events in NYC
• Ensure audience satisfaction and customer loyalty
• Designed promotional leaflets
• Assisted creative and logistic organization of events
Feb 2003 – Dec 2004 8th Street Lab – Sales Manager and Head Buyer
• Merchandized fashion and accessories
• Analyzed stability of stock and researched buying trends
• Represented, promoted and sold store brand in Magic trade show
• Designed best selling zip jacket for the store
Summers 2000-2004 Fun yard – Teacher
• Taught children from nursery to 12 year olds, everything ranging from: camping, art, dance, drama and many other subjects
Freelance work P-sling – Head designer
• Was in charge of designing, researching and finalizing an entire maternity wear line for trendy, upper class Mothers.
• Also designed baby slings; fabrication, color
• Concepts and presentation layouts (catalogues).
Computer Skills: Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Plaids and Stripes, Word, Excel
Languages: Fluent in English and Arabic, learning Tamazight and French
Portfolio and References upon request
Prepare for Successful PPC Campaigns Before You Pay for a Single Click
As a PPC management company, we are often called upon to "fix" PPC campaigns that are not...
The Rise of Mobile eCommerce
As more and more internet users surf the web on mobile devices, they also shop more online. The...
How To Convince People To Start Using Project Management Software
Educated management can start from childhood or at older ages. Earlier is the best. And...
$5,000 - $10,000 Custom eCommerce Website Design Lead
We usually sell server made by Super Micro and here is their...
$5,000 - $10,000 Lead: Minimal, Responsive Content Rich Website Needed
MINIMALIST DESIGN. THIS IS A NEWSLETTER. BASIC PATTERN: PLAIN OR SIMPLE TEXTURED SURFACE. THEME...
Featured Firm of the Week: Seller's Bay
We can turn you dream into a website, if you have the budget we have the ability to build and...
©2003-2013 DesignFirms™, All Rights Reserved.
A professional web design, mobile development and marketing company directory.
Page Generated in 0.6 seconds